Protecting the Environment
Every time I look at Lake Michigan, or visit one of our fabulous state parks, I am reminded once again how lucky we are to live in this beautiful state. As your Representative in Springfield, I will work with our environmental community in the fight to protect our open lands and natural resources, and to keep our air and water clean.
My top priorities will be:
- Prioritizing renewable energy.
- Creation of, and providing training for, 21st century jobs in wind, solar and other renewable and clean energies.
- Protecting the Great Lakes.
- Protecting and promoting Illinois’ wild and open spaces.
- Working on an infrastructure bill to create jobs and promote a clean energy infrastructure for our future.
- Ensuring adequate funding and staffing for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
Illinois, and its workforce, have so much to gain by working together to embrace and expand clean energy. Climate change is real – and in Trump’s America it is even more important to come together at the state and local level to fight for a clean energy revolution that creates 21st century jobs while simultaneously stopping, or even reversing, the environmental damage causing climate change.
Paid for and authorized by Friends of Alyx Pattison. A copy of our report filed with the State Board of Elections is (or will be) available on the Board's official website (www.elections.il.gov) or for purchase from the State Board of Elections, Springfield, Illinois.