Protecting our City and Neighborhoods.
The NRA's powerful Washington lobby is working overtime to ensure that gun dealers are subject to minimal federal oversight.
In Springfield, Alyx will stand up to the powerful gun lobby to protect our city and our neighborhoods by pushing for fair licensing for gun dealers and stronger background checks to help police prevent gun trafficking and gun violence.
- I support the statewide licensing of gun dealers, which was passed in the Illinois State Senate through the SB 1657 bill, which helps local law enforcement prevent gun trafficking to criminals.
- I believe that individuals that are on the suspected terrorist no-fly list should not be allowed to own a gun, and I would support legislation to prevent them from doing so.
- I support the current legislation that bans the sale and possession of gun silencers and will fight to ensure that it remains a law in the state of Illinois.
- In recent years, technology has made it possible to manufacture firearms at home with the help of 3D printers. These firearms, in particular, do not have serial numbers and are undetectable by metal detectors. I will support legislation that prohibits this from being legal.
- I support increased efforts to prevent individuals with a history of dangerous mental illness from being able to access or own firearms.
- I will support legislation that would create a Lethal Violence Order of Protection in the state of Illinois, which would allow and empower families and law enforcement that are concerned with an individual hurting themselves or others to petition to the courts to temporarily remove firearms.
- I will work to help preserve Illinois' strong Firearm Owners' Identification Card (FOID) which ensures that dangerous individuals, like criminals or domestic abusers, are unable to purchase firearms.
Paid for and authorized by Friends of Alyx Pattison. A copy of our report filed with the State Board of Elections is (or will be) available on the Board's official website (www.elections.il.gov) or for purchase from the State Board of Elections, Springfield, Illinois.